The 15th Annual Public Health Leadership Forum: The Prescription Drug Predicament: Improving Access and Fostering Innovation
October 25, 2018
Venue:Waltham Woods Conference Center
Massachusetts Medical Society, 860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411
The pharmaceutical industry is essential to developing and providing lifesaving treatment for chronic and acute illness; yet, the price of prescription drugs can result in patients not being able to afford the medicines their physicians prescribe. The Prescription Drug Predicament: Improving Access and Fostering Innovation will explore this issue and what can be done to strike a balance between supporting pharmaceutical innovation and ensuring that patients and the public have affordable access to the treatments they need.
• Summarize the impact of rising prescription drug prices on patients and the health care system
• Identify the main factors that contribute to high drug prices in the United States
• Give examples of how regulation and competition influence the pharmaceutical industry
• Discuss the importance of pharmaceutical innovation in treating disease
• Describe the actual and potential public health consequences of high-priced pharmaceuticals and supply shortages
• Demonstrate how cost, formularies and coverage decisions effect patients’ treatment decisions and their access to prescription drugs
The Massachusetts Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Massachusetts Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
2.25 credits meet the criteria for the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for risk management study.
Registration Fees: Free
To register, click on the "Individual Registration" button above or call 800-843-6356.
Find it on Map
Waltham Woods Conference Center