Managing Workplace Conflict: Improving Leadership & Personal Effectiveness
June 8 9, 2017
Venue:Waltham Woods Conference Center
Massachusetts Medical Society
Waltham, MA 02451-1411
Jointly Provided by the MMS and Physician Health Services, Inc.
to download the conference schedule (4 pages, .pdf, 132 KB) and to learn about the faculty.
This program will explore complex relationships within the medical work environment. The course develops techniques for addressing and resolving difficult relationships and stressful situations, as well as strengthening relationships with other team members andpatients.
Real (de-identified) workplace conflicts are utilized in conjunction with role-playing and focused feedback to
improve your interactive techniques and communication methods to make lasting changes.
The program is designed for physicians whose goals are to improve their leadership, communication and conflict management skills.
After participating in this activity, you should be able to:
- Discuss the mutual challenges faced by practicing physicians and physician leaders
- Listen and communicate more effectively as a leader and/or as a member of a team
- Apply negotiation and conflict resolution skills with peers in practice situations and with leaders in the institution
- Implement changes in personal practice or an organization that works for your style and the workplace
- Promote behavioral change in the workplace using new methods and problem-solving skills acceptable to the workplace and conforming to professional standards
- Demonstrate a range of approaches for handling intensive situations that meet with current professionalism standards
- Understand and analyze personal stress and its effects on interactions
- Exhibit appropriate boundaries with staff, colleagues, and patients
- Increase self-awareness and accountability, and identify signs and symptoms of behavioral problems that might exacerbate interpersonal communication challenges
- Develop, promote, and use health and wellness approaches to make positive changes
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Massachusetts Medical Society and Physician Health Services, Inc. The Massachusetts Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
AMA Credit Designation Statement:The Massachusetts Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the criteria of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for risk management (RM) study.
MMS Member Physicians and Residents: $650.00
Non-MMS Member Physicians and Residents: $750.00
NOTE: this conference is open to physicians and residents ONLY.
Space is limited. To register, click the "Individual Registration" button above or call 800-843-6356. If you wish to register by mail or fax, click here to download the registration form (1 page, .pdf, 59 KB).
Find it on Map
Waltham Woods Conference Center