Immigrants: Hidden Challenges of Health Care Access (Free)
October 17, 2018
Venue:Waltham Woods Conference Center
Massachusetts Medical Society, 860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411
If you would like to be on the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 781-434-7312.
This forum brings together active advocates from the public and private sectors in Massachusetts to discuss the challenges and impact on immigrant’s healthcare access locally, especially the undocumented, given the political climate nationwide.
The presenters will:
• discuss the challenges and health care options for immigrants, many of whom are patients at the free medical programs where MMS senior physician members volunteer
• share tools and resources available from the local and state level as well as non-profit health care and law organizations and
• discuss research and direct experience treating immigrants and refugees and comment on physician responsibilities to these patients
Alain Chaoui, MD, FAAFP, president of the Massachusetts Medical Society, will provide a Special Address.
• volunteers and staff at free health care programs including physicians, nurses, program administrators and medical students, and
• those interested in the topic as well as potential volunteers
Registration Fees: Free. Dinner will be served.
If you would like to be on the waiting list, please email email@example.com or call 781-434-7312.
Find it on Map
Waltham Woods Conference Center