Medical Dental Integration
Working Together to Address HPV and Establish a Dental Home
Speaker: Alessandro Villa, DDS, PhD, MPH Brigham and Woman’s Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Instructor in Oral Medicine, Infection and Immunity, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
This program will include the key concepts of performing extraoral and intraoral examinations, recognizing risk factors for oral cancer and the importance of monthly self-examinations, identifying the relationship between human papillomavirus and related head-and-neck cancers, and the HPV vaccine in cancer prevention.
• Discuss the key concepts of performing good extraoral and intraoral examination
• Understand HPV infection and HPV oral cavity and oropharyngeal cancers
• Identify the relationship between HPV and related head-and-neck cancers
• Recognize and identify risk factors for oral cancer and the importance of monthly self-examinations
• Gain an understanding of the role the HPV vaccine plays in cancer prevention
The Massachusetts Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The Massachusetts Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRACategory 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This free event includes a buffet dinner and will be followed by an interactive session where physicians, dentists, and others can network and share best practices.
To register please contact: Ms. Ellen Sachs Leicher at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th
Provided by the Massachusetts Medical Society and its Committee on Oral Health and From the First Tooth-Massachusetts, and in collaboration with the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Hampshire and Valley District Dental Societies