Managing Workplace Conflict: Improving Leadership & Personal Effectiveness
November 1 2, 2018
Venue:Waltham Woods Conference Center
Massachusetts Medical Society, 860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411
The program will be held in two parts on:
• Thursday, Nov 1st: 8 am - 6 pm and
• Friday, Nov 2nd: 8 am - 4 pm
This program explores complex relationships within the medical work environment. The course provides techniques for addressing and resolving difficult relationships and stressful situations, as well as strengthening relationships with other team members and patients.
Real (de-identified) workplace conflicts are utilized in conjunction with role-playing and focused feedback to improve your interactive techniques and communication methods to make lasting changes.
The program is designed for physicians whose goals are to improve their leadership, communication and conflict management skills.
• Discuss the mutual challenges faced by practicing physicians and physician leaders
• Listen and communicate more effectively as a leader and/or as a member of a team
• Apply negotiation and conflict resolution skills with peers in practice situations and with leaders in the institution
• Implement changes in personal and organizational practices that fit your style and organizational culture
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Massachusetts Medical Society and Physician Health Services, Inc. The Massachusetts Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT:
The Massachusetts Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity meets the criteria of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for risk management (RM) study.
MMS Member Physicians and Residents: $650.00
Non-MMS Member Physicians and Residents: $750.00
REGISTRATION: Space is limited. To register, click the "Individual Registration" button above or call 800-843-6356.
- The course helps physicians to engage resistant providers & staff with process change
- Worthwhile and excellent source of new & improved ways to handle challenges
Find it on Map
Waltham Woods Conference Center