Recognizing Burnout in the Medical Profession: Intervention and Prevention
October 18 20, 2018
Venue:Waltham Woods Conference Center
Massachusetts Medical Society, 860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411
Join your colleagues for an impactful three-day conference focusing on the changing world of health care. Day One will feature an educational program addressing the crisis of burnout and steps that can be taken to improve the well-being of health care professionals and their families. Day Two, we will hear from experts about the political landscape of medicine at the federal and state levels. You will also have the opportunity to learn about special national and state Alliance initiatives. On Day Three, join us for breakfast, round table discussions and wrap up. Throughout the three days there will be ample time for networking with colleagues and enjoying the history that Massachusetts has to offer.
- Summarize the various causes of burnout in the medical profession.
- Explain the concept of uncertainty and the impact it can have on healthcare professionals and their families.
- Discuss ways to manage uncertainty and build resilience.
- Describe the interdisciplinary nature of using SBIRT screening for alcohol and other substances.
- List the effects of sub-optimum attention to self-wellness by health professionals on the individual and health care system.
- Incorporate mindful practice into clinical activities.
- Identify effective strategies and resources to reduce stress and burn-out.
Three-Day Package - $150.00
Day 1 - $85.00
Day 2 - $85.00
Day 3 - Free
Resident/Fellow - Free
Medical Student - Free
The Massachusetts Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Massachusetts Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the criteria for the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for risk management study.
Find it on Map
Waltham Woods Conference Center