The Many Facets of Men's Health: Clinical Conversations Impacting Your Patients
June 15, 2017
Venue:Waltham Woods Conference Center
Massachusetts Medical Society, 860 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451-1411
The Massachusetts Medical Society and its Committee on Men’s Health are pleased to present the 2017 Men’s Health Symposium.
This year’s Symposium focuses on the topics of:
- Male fertility
- Gun violence and safety
- Nutrition and physical conditioning
These areas of healthcare are experiencing a surge in policy changes and research advances, and we have pulled together an exciting group of speakers to help you stay current with the resulting changes in care delivery. We hope this clinical and legislative update will facilitate enhanced conversations with patients on the particularly sensitive topics above.
After participating in this activity, you should be able to:
- Explain best practices for the treatment of patients with fertility issues based on the most up-to-date treatment guidelines
- Discuss best practices for the recognition and treatment of nutrition and physical conditioning issues in men
- Review the current research on the effectiveness of marijuana, impact of marijuana on the health of men, and the best practices for conversing with patients about the use of marijuana and its potential impact on their health
- Reiterate the best practices for talking to patients about gun safety and ownership
The Massachusetts Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: The Massachusetts Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
2.00 credits meet the criteria for the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for risk management study.
MMS Member Physicians: $175.00.00
Non-MMS Member Physicians: $350.00
MMS Member Resident/Student/MMSA: Free
Non-MMS Member Resident/Student: $75.00
Advanced Care Practitioners/Other Health Care Professionals/Others: $140.00
*Join the MMS through 2017 and attend this program for the member price. Call the MMS at 800-843-6356 for more information.
Registration Options: To register online, click on the "Individual Registration" button above or call 800-843-6356.
Find it on Map
Waltham Woods Conference Center